Masked Laryngeal Airway Prevents Overinflation – Take the Guesswork out of Mask Cuff Inflation
- The new air-Q SP eliminates the extra step and guesswork for mask cuff inflation and the potential for over-inflation. The new design allows Positive Pressure Ventilation to self-pressurise the mask cuff. The increase in cuff seal pressure occurs at the exact time you need it, during the upstroke of ventilation.
- On exhalation the cuff decompresses to the level of the PEEP.
- The result is a safer, efficient, low pressure seal during the majority of the case. The cyclical lowering in intra-cuff pressure may assist in diminishing complications such as mucosal and nerve trauma that result from over-inflating traditional peripheral laryngeal mask cuffs
- Allows intubation like the regular air-Q
- The SP version can be used as an “everyday” airway that facilitates intubation.
With the new Self-Pressurising, Disposable air-Q SP, there is no need to inflate the mask; it self-pressurises to the proper inflation pressure automatically.