Breakthrough ultrasound technology care
UroShield® is designed to:
- prevent biofilm formation inside the catheter
- decreases bacteriuria/UTI (urinary tract infection)
- reduces catheter pain and discomfort
- increases antibiotic efficacy
The clip-on UroShield urology therapy device can be attached to all external urinary tract catheters providing potential relief from spasm and catheter pain.
The ultrasound waves generated by the clip create an acoustic shield on the surfaces of the catheter to interfere with the attachment of bacteria, prevent bacterial biofilm formation, the development of infections and may eliminate or reduce the need for antibiotics.
UroShield is a urology therapy device that is composed of two components:
- Disposable Clip – intended for single use and to be discarded with catheter replacement
- Driver – a portable unit (AC or battery powered) that provides power to the disposable clip