The rapid, patient-centric skin closure solution.
Features of INSORB® Skin Stapler:
- Rapid, simple closure
- May reduce operative time vs. subcuticular sutures1
- Eliminates percutaneous insult
- Improved comfort & cosmesis
- May result in less pain immediately post-op in c-sections2
- No percutaneous metal staple removal
- No suture knots
- Evidence of reduced wound complications vs. metal staples in c-sections3
- Eliminates risk of needlestick injuries at the time of closure4
¹Madsen, Annetta Madeline, et al. Absorbable Subcuticular Staples Compared with Suture for Cesarean Closure. Obstet Gynecol. 2015; vol. 125
²Nitsche, Joshua, et al. Skin Closure with Subcuticular Absorbable Staples after Cesarean Section Is Associated with Decreased Analgesic Use. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2011; vol. 285, no. 4, pp. 979–983.
³Schrufer-Poland, T. L., Ruiz, M. P., Kassar, S., Tomassian, C., Algren, S. D., & Yeast, J. D. (2016). Incidence of wound complications in cesarean deliveries following closure with absorbable subcuticular staples versus conventional skin closure techniques. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, 206, 53-56. doi:10.1016/j.ejogrb.2016.07.501
4The International Healthcare Worker Safety Center (University of Virginia Health System 2010